Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Review - Models Own Now Brow! Finale Brow Gel

I recently received a box of Models Own makeup as a Platinum Perk through Ulta. The box contained several full-size items, so I thought I'd test them out to see how they perform. I honestly had only heard of the brand in passing, and given that most of the items online had poor ratings, I didn't expect much, but I know that sometimes you find a surprise if you're willing to look past the poor reviews.

The first item I am reviewing from that box is the Now Brow! Finale Brow Gel in Clear. It's a fairly standard sized brow gel (0.27 oz.), and it comes in the shades Clear, Light Brown, and Dark Brown. I did not test the colored gels as they were not apart of the kit I received, so I can only speak for the clear one.


I tried this gel out on two occasions, and both times, I was disappointed. I will start with a positive note and say that it does keep your brow hairs in place all day. I had several issues though. The wand picks up way too much product, and it has a very wet formula, so it's hard to keep the hairs neat and separated. I don't like the way this product feels on my brows either; it's crunchy like someone put glue in them.
Many of the hairs are stuck together and look messy...

The other issue I have may be mostly a design issue. The other two brow gels come in opaque containers, but the clear one is transparent. After only two uses, I am seeing this fogginess, which I am assuming is other brow product that the wand picked up. It's definitely possible that this happens with other brow gels, but due to the clear container, I can see it very well, and it frankly looks gross.


It's not an expensive product, but I'd say there's better products out there around this price. I'll stick with my NYX Control Freak brow gel, thanks.

TL;DR?
MODELS OWN NOW BROW! FINALE BROW GEL
Price: about $7
Pros: stays put all day
Cons: Small range of shades, too much product on wand, really wet formula so it's hard to keep hairs separate, brows feel crunchy (like glue), gross container (clear)
Will I use it up?: No
Will I buy again?: No

0 comments:

Post a Comment