Monday, November 13, 2017

Review - Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Treatment Concealer

I have had a hell of a time finding a concealer that does not crease under my eyes. Even with ample moisturizers and setting/baking my under eyes, they always seem to crease in one spot, and it irritates the stew out of me!  I decided to go ahead and try the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Treatment Concealer because, A. I was at Walgreens already so it was easily available and inexpensive, and B. I saw a mature skin concealer review from Hot and Flashy on YouTube where this one was rated by highly (it beat out Shape Tape in her review, sorry ST lovers...).  



Ulta.com has 6 colors, which are all in the fair to medium range, two of which are described as a neutralizer and a brightener. I bought the color Fair, as I am quite pale most of the time. Initially, I did not like the applicator because it has this weird little puff on the end. 



I found that you have to twist the container quite a bit to get any product to come out and then you need to pat or swipe with the little puff in order to apply it. I would love to be able to apply with my finger or a brush, but the way it comes out of the applicator makes that near impossible. I thought might see if I could pull the applicator off, but I haven't tried as of yet. I moisturized and baked my under eyes like I normally do. I did go over the area with a damp beauty sponge before baking. I don't have horrible dark circles, so I felt like this did the job quite nicely. This was the look before I left for work:


No filters here, just reality!

When I checked my eyes out around 12:00 PM, I really did not see any creasing. 
I was busy at work and home that day, so I didn't have time to check again until I took my makeup off. Even at the end of the day, I only saw the tiniest bit of creasing toward the center of my eye. I was shocked, frankly!

End of the day. Barely any creasing!

Since that first time, I have used it about 3 more times and seen the same results. 
After a few more uses, I somehow liked the puff better. I'm not really sure why except that maybe because there was more product on the top and easier to apply? So here is my final verdict:

TL;DR?
MAYBELLINE INSTANT AGE REWIND DARK CIRCLE TREATMENT CONCEALER
Price: about $9
Pros: Light, little to no creasing, covers dark circles pretty well
Cons: Small range of shades, likely have to apply with puff applicator
Will I use it up?: Yes
Will I buy again?: Yes

0 comments:

Post a Comment