Friday, November 10, 2017

Review - L'Oréal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Liquid Facial Primer

I got the L'Oréal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Liquid Facial primer because I've been looking for a water-based primer that isn't too heavy for my combination-oily skin since a few of my foundations don't cooperate with the silicone-based primers that I usually use. 



This one comes out of the bottle as a shiny white tone: 



I was worried that it would look too white and blindingly shiny due to how it came out of the bottle, but it went on very light and really made my skin look luminous. I honestly was tempted to go out with no foundation just because it looked so nice! But that's not the point of a makeup test right? 😂 

The first day, I used my tarte Double Duty Beauty Empowered Hybrid Gel foundation with this primer. (Now, I know I probably should have bought a different foundation for my type of skin as this is really more geared toward people with drier skin, but it was on sale during Ulta's 21 Day of Beauty, sooooo...) Because this isn't the best foundation for my skin type, I've been dealing with it basically melting off my face in my T-zone, no matter what primer I used. This L'Oréal primer worked perfectly with it! I am totally pleased because now I don't feel like I'm going to have give up and waste this pricey foundation. I will say that it didn't really cover any pores though.
tarte foundation and L'Oréal primer together

The next day, I tried this primer again but with The Ordinary High Coverage foundation. No Cinderella story there. My foundation looked like crap by the time lunch rolled around. But in theory, I knew it likely wasn't going to work anyway due to different base compositions of these two products. I also tried this with some of my powder foundations, and it didn't really do anything special. So, you win some, you lose some. Overall though, this is a keeper for me just because it works with that one tarte foundation!

TL;DR?
L'OREAL MAGIC LUMI LIGHT INFUSING LIQUID FACIAL PRIMER
Price: about $13
Pros: Light, dries fairly quickly
Cons: Doesn't work with all foundations (likely best with water-based ones), no help for pores
Will I use it up?: Yes
Will I buy again?: Yes
I was pleasantly surprised with the primer overall!

0 comments:

Post a Comment