Thursday, November 9, 2017

Review - L'Oréal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara (Washable and Waterproof)

Over the past few weeks, I have tested the L'Oréal Voluminous Lash Paradise mascaraJust by the packaging, I am pretty sure that they are trying to dupe Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara. I got the washable and waterproof kinds, both in the shade "blackest black", but there are 3 other colors available in the washable version, and the waterproof version has 1 other color.


Opening up the tube, you can see the wand itself is similar to BTS, but not quite as large (now I'm definitely sure it's trying to be a dupe...).



The next few pictures show the mascara (washable version) on my lashes:

No mascara, just curled (There is some powder on my lashes; my lashes are not actually quite that light.)

One coat
Two coats

Two coats on top and one coat on the bottom lashes
This is a photo of two coats of the waterproof version:


You can see it was just a little messy, and I attribute that to the wand shape (I had the same issue with BTS), but the volume is nice and the color is very good. I had noticed a little flaking after a few hours of wear, but it's not horrible. I will note that the next day I wore the mascara with the Smashbox eyelash primer, and I felt like the flaking was actually worse. I found no difference in application and how it appeared on my lashes between the washable and waterproof versions. The waterproof version did live up to its title, so I had to remove it with an oil-based cleanser.

TL;DR?
L'OREAL VOLUMINOUS LASH PARADISE MASCARA (WASHABLE & WATERPROOF)
Price: about $10
Pros: Strong pigment, good volume and lengthening
Cons: Flakes somewhat, a little clumpy
Will I use it up?: Yes
Will I buy again?: Maybe

All in all, this was a decent mascara, but not in my top 5. It might be worth trying if you are needing a budget-friendly mascara with good lengthening and volume.

0 comments:

Post a Comment