Thursday, November 16, 2017

Review - Phyisicans Formula Butter Highlighter

I am so excited to finally get a Physicians Formula Butter Highlighter! I purchased mine through Amazon, and even with Prime shipping, it got delayed, but it's finally here! I purchased the color Pink, but there are 3 other colors available (Champagne, Pearl, and Rose Gold). This is about the same size pan as the Butter Blush, but this one has a screw top rather than being in a compact.


The first thing I noticed is that this does not smell as good as the Butter Blush or Butter Bronzer. I love how those smell, so I'll admit I was a little disappointed. It's not bad, but it's a little more chemical-like. I did notice the trademark smell was a little more prominent when I was actually applying it though. The product is a cream to powder, but it applies just like a powder and doesn't seem to disturb underlying makeup like some cream formulations do. If you follow me on Instagram, you'll know that I am a fan of a bright highlight, and this delivers! The picture below is the result of just one swipe of my brush through the pan. I was worried that the pink might be a little too dark for me, but it looks much lighter on the skin. You can build it up to an even brighter highlight, if you like (I wore this to work, so I didn't want it to look too crazy.)


I also tested it on the inner corners of my eyes, and it did not irritate them.


The highlighter wore all day without breaking down. I didn't feel like it emphasized the texture in my skin either.

I am thoroughly impressed with it, and I will likely buy the other colors, too!

TL;DR?
PHYSICIANS FORMULA BUTTER HIGHLIGHTER
Price: about $10
Pros: bright highlight, easy application, doesn't emphasize texture, good value
Cons: may be too bright for those wanting a more subtle highlight
Will I use it up?: Yes
Will I buy again?: Likely

0 comments:

Post a Comment