Friday, November 17, 2017

Review - Cover FX The Perfect Light Highlighting Powder

I bought this Cover FX The Perfect Light Highlighting Powder in Sunlight in one of Sephora's Weekly Wow sales.


I honestly didn't hold too high of hopes for this as I already own the Cover FX The Perfect Light Highlighting Palette in Light/Medium (also a Weekly Wow purchase) and was a little underwhelmed by it. The first time I used it, the creams in the palette disturbed my makeup, and I didn't feel like the powder highlights were very impressive. (I will admit that I liked the powder highlighters better after switching up my brushes; I was using a Japonesque fan brush originally, and I switched to a Luxie 522). Using the fan brush gave me an extremely subtle highlight, which some people might like. The Luxie brush gave me what you see below, bright but not too intense, so it's still wearable for everyday. The fact that it's buildable is probably a good thing for most people.


The color Sunlight is described as a soft gold glow, but I found it showed up more cool that that. It honestly doesn't look too different from Moonlight, which is supposed to be silvery (this is in the palette). The only color that I haven't tried is Candlelight because I expect that will be too dark for me but may look lovely on medium to deep skin tones. I also appreciated that it does not emphasize texture because my skin was in need of exfoliation the day the above picture was taken! It's not my absolute favorite highlight, but it's good for work and other times where I need to look professional, so I find myself reaching for it in those instances.

TL;DR?
COVER FX THE PERFECT LIGHT HIGHLIGHTING POWDER
Price: about $34
Pros: buildable, wearable for everyday, doesn't emphasize texture
Cons: may be too subtle for some people, not much variation in colors, pricey
Will I use it up?: Yes
Will I buy again?: Maybe

0 comments:

Post a Comment